When Food Solves a ProblemApr 13, 2022
Our brains are wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain (mental, emotional, or physical) via the path of least resistance.
This means it's really easy for your brain to learn that food (or alcohol) creates a rapid, reliable, and effective sense of relief.
This is emotional eating.
It’s a habit you learned, which means it’s a habit you can unlearn.
But we have to be really honest with ourselves about what problem this habit is solving for us.
Because if it didn't solve a problem, you wouldn't continue to do it.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why emotional eating is such a common habit.
- Why willpower and ‘just say no’ mantras never create the results you want.
- Why it’s essential to look at the benefits of your overeating and emotional eating habit.
- 3 steps to start breaking this habit for good.
Be sure to join me next week for a new live workshop:
3 Simple Steps to End Emotional Eating [and lose weight eating the foods you love]
Thursday April 21 @ 1pm est and 8pm est
- How to eat healthy without feeling deprived or needing willpower, so that you can lose and maintain your weight eating the food you love.
- Why habit change has felt hard in the past, and the #1 step to make new habits stick like glue.
- How to break the emotional eating cycle and confidently handle any emotion without needing food (or wine).
- The #1 step to creating a life you don’t need an escape from at the end of the week.
Register here for all the details: https://www.bodyyoucrave.com/april-workshop